P.E. Units: Kickball, Ultimate Frisbee, Frisbee Golf, Ultimate Football, Whiffleball, Badminton, Fitness, Track & Field, Indoor and Outdoor Soccer, Team Handball, Volleyball, Rock Climbing, , Basketball, Yoga, Aerobics and Archery (8th only). A new unit this year will be Roller Skating. It will be a week long unit in the gym and will cost around $10-$15 a student.
Personal-Social Skills: Best Effort, Respect for Rules, Valuing Physical Activity, Sportsmanship, Goal Setting, Following Directions, Cooperation, Respect for Others, Self Control, Compassion for Others, Responsibility, Constructive Competition, Initiative, Leadership.
- To demonstrate competence in selected fundamental motor skills and selected body management skills.
- To demonstrate development and maintenance of selected indicators of physical fitness.
- To demonstrate knowledge of selected cognitive concepts related to health and physical education.
- To demonstrate selected personal-social skills while participating in lifelong physical activities.
- Demonstrate PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.
- Stop activity immediately when directed.
- Keep cell phones in a safe place turned off.
- Demonstrate RESPECT (SELF, PROPERTY, AND OTHERS).
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Care for and return equipment.
- No food, drinks or gum in gym or locker-rooms.
- Demonstrate INDIVIDUAL READINESS.
- Bring required attire to PE.
- Be on time to class.
- Show DEMONSTRATED LEARNING.
- Have a great attitude!
- Use positive words and actions.
- Use a level 1 voice in the locker-rooms
- Use EFFECTIVE BEHAVIORS.
69 or below= F
Fitness Gram= 25%
Participation Grade 10 points are given for each day.
Deductions are made for the following:
- Not Dressed/Lack of Effort= 10 Point Deduction
- Not Following Directions= 4 Point Deduction
- Tardy to Class/Squad, Inappropriate Clothing/Jewelry/ Gum= 3 Point Deduction
- Excuse From Participation
- You will participate in PE class unless you have a written medical excuse. If you are well enough to come to school, you are well enough to take part in class activities.
- Health Concerns
- If you have medical or health issues that could affect you during class, you must indicate that on “PE Form”.
- If your condition or situation changes, it is your responsibility to notify me.
- If you are injured during class, let the teacher know immediately
- Locks & Lockers
- You will be issued a lock and locker number in the locker room. You may not use a lock from home. You will have to share your locker with other students.
- Lockers and locks are school property, and should be treated as such. You are responsible for your own lock. If your lock is lost, a replacement fee of $5.00 must be paid.
- You may use the larger lockers only during PE class; otherwise keep your clothes in your assigned locker.
- All of your belongings should be appropriately locked up during and after PE class.
- No glass or spray bottles are permitted in the locker room.
- No lunches, backpacks, or coats should be in the locker room.
- If you lose something, check the lost and found or check with your teacher
- Ipads need to be placed in Mrs. Handy’s or Mr. Fain’s office in the designated area.
- Restroom breaks are done only during the beginning of class and at the end of class while you are changing in the locker-rooms
- You must change from your uniform into your PE clothes on days we meet in the gym.
- Appropriate attire only, which includes:
- White or Light Grey T-shirt-with your last name on the back is recommended. No tank tops.
- Gym Shorts- Athletic wear; basketball shorts, sweat pants. No belt loops or cut offs.
- Tennis Shoes- clean, tied, no slips-ons, no black soles that leave marks.
- Sweatshirts- for outside use only.
- Absolutely no jewelry allowed in PE class. I.E. watches, necklaces, earrings, etc.
- Gym clothes should be taken home and washed every Friday.
- Daily routine: warm up, activity, and culmination
- Report to your floor space/squad.
- If you are absent, it is your responsibility to check with the teacher to make up missed work.
- Do not enter Mrs. Handy’s or Mr. Fain’s office unless invited in.
- Equipment room is off limits, and equipment is not to be touched unless directed to.
- Refer to “Weekly Unit Sign” in order to know what we will be doing each day.
Remember: PE is a participation class! You will do well if you participate and do your best.